The U.S. Department of Transportation recently released its National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Formula program guidance, which tasks states to develop plans for electric charging infrastructure deployment along major highway corridors.
[Above photo by the Ohio DOT]
To help states develop such plans, the GridWise Alliance, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, the National Association of State Energy Officials, and the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners are hosting a workshop to explore electric grid considerations related to EV infrastructure investment under NEVI.
Held March 14 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm eastern, the workshop will feature:
- Highlights from the GridWise Alliance paper ‘Near-Term Grid Investments for Integrating Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure.’
- Industry insights on innovative technology solutions.
- Utility perspectives on EV charging infrastructure deployment.
- State perspectives on grid-EV challenges.
- A group discussion period regarding which utility and technology firms provide the best support to states as they develop EV charging network investment plans.
To register for this workshop, click here.